Seachem American Cichlid Salt 250g
American Cichlid Salt™
- Replicates the environment of American Cichlids
- Contains proper amounts of calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium
- Affects hardness only, not alkalinity or pH
American Cichlid Salt™ is a chemically sound blend of salts designed to replicate the natural environment of American Cichlids. It contains all physiologically essential elements such as magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, and includes trace components such as iron, aluminum, and iodide.
American Cichlid Salt is formulated so that dosages vary depending on the species’ origin and need only be added when setting up an aquarium or with water changes.
All doses given for 110 L (30 US gallons).
- SOUTH AMERICAN: Use 2.5 g (1/2 teaspoon).
- CENTRAL AMERICAN: Use 1.25 g (1/4 teaspoon).
TIPS: Use when setting up an aquarium and when making water changes. To add salt to an established tank, base dose on water being changed. Do not use salt when simply replacing evaporated water. It is best to dissolve the salt in freshwater before use.
CAUTION: Causes serious eye irritation. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin. May cause skin burns. Wear suitable gloves