Scarlet Badis 火焰变色龙
What We Like About This Fish:
- Beautiful red and blue coloration
- Peaceful disposition with most fish and peaceful invertebrates too large to be considered prey
- Adaptable to a very wide temperature range
- Very active in middle and lower levels of the aquarium
- Will not bother plants
- Temperature: 18° - 28° C (20° - 24°) is best for long-term care.
- pH: 6.5 - 8.5
- Minimum tank size: 20+ gallons for a group of 6 or more
- Diet: Micropredator. Live and frozen meaty foods, especially frozen foods such as cyclops, Daphnia and Artemia, Bloodworms and Tubifex worms should generally be avoided. Dry foods will often be ignored, but some specimens may accept them eventually
- Social behavior: Mostly peaceful, loosely schooling/shoaling in small groups. Adult males can be territorial with other males.
- Origin: India
- Average adult size: 0.5 - 0.8 inch (1.2 - 2 cm)
- Average purchase size: 0.5 - 0.8 inch (1.2 - 2 cm)