The Pearl Gourami is one of the most beautifully marked and most peaceful gourami species. In addition to the overall "pearl" spotting that both sexes display, adult males develop striking bright orange coloration around the throat and underside!
The Pearl Gourami (Trichopodus leeri) is a very beloved and distinctive labyrinth fish that is commonly kept in freshwater aquariums. It inhabits many swamps in Southeast Asia, particularly Sumatra, Borneo, Malaysia, and Thailand.
The Pearl Gourami is not a picky eater and it will accept most dry, frozen, and live foods. However, it should be fed a varied diet to maintain optimal health and coloration.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Bright, elegant coloration
- Generally peaceful disposition
- An excellent, graceful addition to planted aquariums
- Accepts a variety of dry, frozen, and live foods
- Very adaptable and easy to breed in the home aquarium
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 22° - 28° C
- pH: 5.5 - 8.0
- KH: 2 - 18 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 30 gallons
- Diet: Mostly carnivorous. Not picky, but requires a varied diet of dry, frozen, and live foods for optimal health and coloration.
- Social behavior: Generally peaceful. Can be kept in groups, but males can be territorial with one another.
- Origin: Tank-bred, but indigenous to Sumatra, Borneo, Malaysia, and Thailand.
- Average adult size: 4.8 inches (12 cm)
- Average purchase size: 1 - 1.5 inches (2.5 - 3.8 cm)
The Gold Gourami is a community fish. Not only will their presence brighten up your mood, but they will also greatly adorn your tank. This species of Gourami is loved by many because it is comparatively easier to take care of them.
Scientific Name : Trichopodus trichopterus
Origin : South-East Asia and Indonesia
Lifespan : 4-6 years
Colour : Orangish-Yellow
Size : 4.8- 6 inches
Diet : Omnivore
Compatibility : Other similar-sized, inert fishes
Care Level : Easy
Water Temperature : 22.8 to 27.8 Degree Celsius
Water Conditions : pH 6.5-7.5
Balloon ( round body ) gourami :