These catfish come from slow-moving streams and small rivers in India and Bangladesh, so they don't need a large area in which to swim around. Due to their peaceful nature, they are perfect for community tanks, especially small tanks that have limited space for fish. We sell these fish in a school of 3 because they are known to do best in groups of 3 or more. They are a bottom-dwelling species, and they are very useful for eating leftover food and thereby keeping the bottom of your tank clean.
What We Like About This Fish:
- Very small, making it perfect for nano aquariums
- Completely peaceful
- Excellent scavenger
- Great for keeping the bottom of the tank clean
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- Temperature: 64° - 75° F (18° - 24° C)
- pH: 5.6 - 7.6
- Diet: Omnivorous. High-quality sinking pellets, plants, and freeze-dried or frozen meaty foods will be readily accepted. These fish will eat most types of fish food, but they love live food such as bloodworms and daphnia. They are nocturnal, so they will likely feed at night for the most part.
- Social behavior: Peaceful. We recommend not keeping them with many other bottom-dwelling species, as their peaceful nature may lead them to be out-competed for food.
- Origin: India and Bangladesh